Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Creek Ran Through Me

Inspiration: We find it everyday, all around us. As we share and plan for the Renewing Hope Conference, we constantly inspire and move one another towards our common goals. As student volunteers gather and plan for the conference and the interfaith eco-service, I find inspiration in others around me. Whether they be student volunteers, conference organizers, or students emailing me with their insights and inspirations, I find myself washed over by the hope and dedication of others and I'm inspired to do more.

Sandra Smyth, a second year non-degree student at Yale Divinity School, who likes to center down with the Holy Spirit by a waterfall in Redding, Ct.,  is our next contributor. Taken from a collection of poems from 1961 to the present entitled "Paradise Within: Intimate Earth, Intimate Spirit," Sandy shares with a series of poems which follow the theme: At first I ran by the creek; At last, the creek ran though me.


ABIDING

I just want to sit
By flowing creeks
And blowing trees,
Where I can steep
Awhile and breathe;
Let go of ego
And just be.
That's Heaven
On Earth for me,
Deep listening,
Hearing thee.

2004



FREEDOM

That I could live among the trees,
Breathe the breath of Nature
Through my pores,
And sweep in gracious ecstasy and ease,
Like wind which passes inward
From the shores.

1961



PARADISE WITHIN

Enter through the door of Silence
To Paradise within.
Go deep. Breathe.
Inhale the fragrance
Of the forest there as Peace.
Exhale the fragrance
Through your heart as Love;
Let all that block's the Spirit's
Flow within you cease
Be Grace and Goodness
Gushing up in you.
Be a font of Joy
To all you meet.
Fly with the Eagle and the Dove;
Give, Receive;
The Universe unfolds through you.

2005



No comments: